Monday, August 11, 2014

Month out of the Gym Re-Cap!

Remember a month or so ago when I mentioned that Jacob my trainer was kicking me out of the gym for a month? Well, I am here to let you know, I survived! Now, for some, I know they may have taken that as a huge sign to relax and not do much of anything, but for me, it drove me crazy. It was so hard. At first I wasn't sure how I was going to get through it mentally, being out of the gym that is.  Each day got a little easier, and even though I wasn't in the gym lifting weights like my body was used to doing, I challenged myself and tried new things along the way. I looked for new ideas and things to keep me active. 

I started my month break on a trip to Arizona in the middle of June (yes, I know...crazy HOT)! I was a little concerned on what I was going to do as I wasn't sure the set up of the hotel, and I knew anything outside in the ways of exercise was going to be way too hot (heat and I don't get along when it comes to exercise). Luckily our hotel had a great pool and a workout room that had an exercise bike, so I was able to make do. In fact, if you are planning to go outside in Arizona, you do it early in the morning. We went on a family hike at 6:00am the day after we got there. It wasn't altogether a hike in regards to what I am used to, so I decided upon returning to the hotel, to swim laps in the pool and then ride the bike in the exercise room. Sorta created my own mini triathlon of sorts. It was fun and again, something new.

My month continued with various hikes, biking, and hitting the pool that is located at one of the other satellite gyms affiliated with my gym. I've always known swimming was a full body workout, but I wasn't sure at first if I was going to get the same kind of satisfaction I do from other cardio as I would be wet and in the water, instead of sweating along the way. It took one time in the pool of swimming laps for 35 minutes to realize the next morning that my upper body was sore. It felt great. Not only that, as the days went on, I found myself enjoying the pool more and more. In fact, it's not something I will be able to fit into my schedule during the week when school starts up again and I am back at work full time, but I am hoping to occasionally hit the pool for some laps on a weekend when I have more time. 

As much as I didn't want to give this "month off" from lifting weights a whirl, I'm glad I did. I learned new things, tried new things, and challenged myself in ways I wouldn't have done otherwise. Like I said the other day, exercise has become part of my natural habitat. I can't go for more than a day without it. I crave it. Not in an obsessive way, but a healthy way. I love the feeling of being healthy! 

Pin It!

20 comments:

  1. Wow, Excellent post. This article is very interesting and enjoyable. I think its must be helpful for us. Thanks for sharing your nice post.
    telepathy show

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Its very interesting and enjoyable. Its must be helpful for us. Thanks for sharing your nice post.
    disable people

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Excellent post. This article is really very interesting and effective. I think its must be helpful for us. Thanks for sharing your informative.
    mentalist

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article is efficient. Thank you for sharing it with us. I am visiting this blog on a daily basis and I am finding so much helpful article each time. Keep working on this and thank you once again. xnxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have great passion on gym I think.I found myself wonder to read this article. This is pretty impressive and here you have pointed out some superb details. Thanks for sharing this with your readers.
    Personalized Kids Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Smiles Cafe at Huntington Beach Dentists where beautiful smiles are served.
    We are experienced, caring and well trained dental professionals waiting to
    give you the best possible dental care in the Huntington Beach area in a relaxed
    and comfortable environmen.When you visit us in our cozy clinic, your comfort and your smile are our highest priorities.

    The minute you walk into our warm, comfortable office, you’ll be invited to enjoy some of our
    delicious coffee and tea to help you relax. Our accommodating dental team will help
    you feel comfortable and meet your every need as you begin your treatment. That same high level
    of care and comfort persists throughout your entire visit, so by the time your treatment is complete,
    you may not want to go back to the real world


    Please feel free to ask any questions from Jan, who is our online support agent for live chat.

    ReplyDelete


  7. خدمات النظافة بالدمام لابد ان تقدمها شركة لديها ثقة في اتمام خدمات النظافة المنزلية لان النظافة العاية لا تعطي النتيجة الفعالة التي تتم بواسطة شركة تنظيف بالدمام متخصصة لانها تهتم بكل شئ داخل المباني فلدينا شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام تكون متخصصة في نظافة الفلل المفروشة والمستعملة واعطائها الرونق الجمالي الخاص بها لدينا شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام متخصصة في اعمال نظافة الشقق المنزلية وشقق المكاتب والمعارض بواسطة الادوات والمواد اللازمة لعمل ذلك لدينا تخصصتنا في اعمالنا التي ترضي العميل وتخلصة من الحشرات الصغيرة التي تسبب ازعاج كبير للاسرة من خلال شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام التي لديها معدتها وموادها لعمل ذلك كما يوجد متخصص ايضا للقضاء علي الحشرات من خلال التواصل مع شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام التي تنتهيك من كل الحشرات المنزلية كما نعمل معا للواصل اليك كل الخدمات المنزلية من خلال خدمة الاثاث بواسطة افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام والتعامل معها سوف يصل الي منزلك الجيد بدون اي تعب
    كما يوجد خدمتنا الاخري التي يمكنك البحث عنها م والاستفادة منها
    شركة تنظيف بالقطيف
    شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
    شركة تنظيف بالاحساء


    ReplyDelete
  8. Buy full HD, LED, mini, pocket 1080p projectors and projector screen for sale in UK. Best LCD projectors and interactive portable whiteboard for schools at affordable price.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Need a custom Snapchat geofilter at your event? Snap Fox is a custom snapchat filter design studio, providing unique filters tailored to weddings, birthdays and events

    ReplyDelete
  10. 0892 22 20 22 voyance en ligne Gratuite AMOUR par téléphone. Parce que demain est un autre jour, ne restez pas dans l'ignorance : la voyance peut vous aider.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gadgetar | best 70 inch tv Deals. Electronics, Laptops, Desktops, Games, Tablets, Cell Phones, Computer Hardware, Hot Deals, Networking, Coupons, FREE Deals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. At Reservations.com We 're just like you. We love the feeling of the wind in our hair, the sun on our skin. We have that longing, the yearning to explore a world undiscovered, with new eyes. That pounding in your chest when you see a new place for the first time. The breath of relief when you make it to the top of a mountain. The travel bug has caught up to us, and that's exactly why we created this blog. Thousands of hotels, countless memories to be made. Let us help you create them at Reservations.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. SpainForSale.Properties is considered one of the most trusted Luxury Real Estate Agencies in Spain, especially in Marbella, Costa del Sol, Balearic Islands and other “Prime Locations” in Spain. Our properties for sale portfolio features the most distinctive properties in La Costa del Sol: Luxury mansions, villas and apartments for sale in: Marbella city, La Zagaleta, Nueva Andalucia, Sierra Blanca, Los Flamingos, Los Monteros, the Marbella Golden Mile to Puerto Banus or Guadalmina Baja. Investments in Sotogrande, Madrid, Barcelona and Balearic Islands.
    Our mission is also our passion: helping our clients selling and buying Real Estate and Investment Brokerage. If you are looking to invest in Property, purchase a villa, a plot to develop, a first line beach penthouse, apartment, townhouse or country property in and around these exclusive locations please, take a few moments to browse thought our site, to view our database of continuously updated properties.
    www.spainforsale.properties

    ReplyDelete
  14. Acefloormats.com "We offer the best quality and and lowest prices for a large variety of Rubber Floor Mats, Rubber scraper mats etc..


    ReplyDelete