Friday, February 3, 2012

Who's Your Support Team?

I wanted to introduce you to the people who played a key role in my transformation.


First and For most: God. This was a huge part of me becoming who I am today. (This will be a future post all in itself.) For years I'd always felt a sense that maybe God was disappointed in me for deliberately not taking care of my body like I knew I should. It was a temple, and for so long, I hadn't  worked at keeping this gift He'd given me a holy place. This journey has been a road of peace, healing, forgiveness, and learning just how much my Heavenly Father adores me. "Two people can do anything, as long as one of them is God."


Next: My amazing family. My wonderful husband has done more than just hold the house together.  He's helped get dinner on the table and push me to a place of true happiness. He truly is wonderful and I feel so blessed to be a healthier me now, as we've been able to explore and spend time together outdoors doing things I've always thought I couldn't do. I know in order to make something as huge as this was happen, it was not easy. Even though I found myself making my own huge sacrifices, so was my very own little family.  Whether it was the time I had to spend away from the home to be at the gym, to choosing family activities carefully to help with the financial part of things, to just merely speaking words of encouragement - these are thing I'll always remember. If ever there was a time (and believe me, there were many) that my heart was just not into going to the gym, I could count on my Blake to chime in and say, "You can do it Mom. I'm so proud of you!"


                                            
Meet Tammy. (Well, I call her Tam.) She's my best friend and truly one of a kind. She's been a HUGE part of this whole process. How many people out there can say that they have someone willing to live and believe in their goals as much as they do? I can! I can't tell you the countless hours we've spent together hitting the pavement, at the gym, sharing a training session, or just having her emotionally believing in me when I didn't think I had it in me to believe in myself. God sure was watching out for me when He sent her my way. If only everybody had a "Tammy" to experience, their life would be truly blessed. (Nope, sorry.  I'm not good at sharing.)





And last but not least, Jacob my trainer! He's truly an amazing person who does WAY more than just help you design a workout. (Don't worry, I have plans to tell you more about Jacob in future posts.)  I remember one of the first things I noticed about Jacob was that he truly cared about me, as he does with all his clients. He has a true gift for what he does and a very compassionate side that makes you feel as if you're the only thing that matters to him in that moment. There were many times when the gym was crowded with poeple, but he always made me a priority and it was just him and me attacking what needed to be done. It truly was a driving force and just what I was needing in order to be successful.
Everyone needs a support team. Doesn't matter if you're dealing with losing weight or some other major obstacle, goal, or challenge in your life. We all need to be encouraged. We all need to be loved. We all need to surround ourselves with the people who love us the most. Don't try to conquer the battle on your own. I've tried it. It doesn't work. It's okay to let people into your world to help. (I had to learn this.) Who is your support team? I promise in order to be successful, you need one! And the best part is, you'll be thinking what a blessing they are to you, but in reality you are also a huge blessing to them!

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. You are definitely a huge blessing. Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. **sigh** I always get choked up and inspired when I read your posts. Everything you say is like an echo resonating within me...Again, thank you thank you thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I continue to enjoy reading your journey. The journey is never over just a new chapter begins. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this post!! What a great tribute to those who love you!!! I just recently 'found' you, and am loving getting to know you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog Deb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just started reading about your journey, and this post has brought tears to my eyes! I have just started my weight lose journey and my highest weight was 283lbs, and I can completely relate to your story. It is so great you have such a great support team and I definately couldn't do it without my boyfriend and my friends! :) Thanks for giving in an sharing your story with the world!

    ReplyDelete