Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Eating on the Go!

It's one thing to have some protein bars or nuts stored in the glove box of your car, but what do you do on days when you need a quick meal? Most of the time I just eat what the family is eating, but there are those days or weeks that seem to be busier than others and I tend to make more quick-fix meals for the family - the kind I like to stay away from. In instances like these, I found that my best defense is to plan ahead, even if it means eating the same thing for a few days. (Honestly, I don't mind.) 

This week for example, between soccer, dance, church, work, and everything else going on, oh and training for a half-marathon...I decided to keep it simple but have things planned out. Often times during busy weeks like these I will make several meals over the weekend and get them portioned out, ready to go, and into the refrigerator. Then when I have a million places to be or no time to cook healthy, I have something that is ready to eat in 3 minutes in the microwave.


This week I went with one of my favorites! BBQ'ed turkey burgers with bell peppers and spices (Jenny O brand), 2 cups steamed broccoli, and a 4oz baked sweet potato. Honestly, this was one of my favorite go-to meals that I ate consistently when losing my weight. 


 Quick, easy, and it fills you up! Again, some people might groan at the idea of eating the same dinner every night, but like I said, I don't do it all the time and I like it much better than the alternative. We all know what happens when we are hungry, in a hurry, and have nothing planned as far as food, right? It turns into grab-n-go or stop at the drive thru and go, for that matter. 

Planning ahead has definitely been a lifesaver for me on weeks like these. Like I said, it sure does beat the alternative, which would consist of making poor choices, that then lead to deflation, to lack of motivation, to back to square one. What does all this mean? In order to be successful, you MUST plan ahead! 

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Do you know how much calories is in this? sounds good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always eat the same things and I don't mind either. Since my thinking of food has switched (from entertainment to fuel), I just eat to get rid of the hunger. I don't care how boring it may be to someone else! Planning is key!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips! Will have to do this! I struggle with that also when life gets busy. Just found your blog. Very good! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete